- Control and routing of audio channels
- 115 – 230 VAC primary power and 24 – 48 VDC secondary power
- Redundant Ethernet connections
- Digital audio processing
- Receives, handles and stores fault messages from the system
- Interface to PABX and iPBX
- Interface to telecom management, safety, automation and security systems
- Voice message storage
- Programmable alarm generator
- 6 configurable control outputs
- 6 configurable control input
The system controller is based on IP technology, giving it extreme flexibility, superb audio quality and multiple possibilities for integration. The system controller handles routing and prioritization of up to 32 simultaneous audio channels in the system where audio can be distributed from up to 150 audio inputs to up to 250 zones.
The system controller features a display where status and faults can be viewed. This display also allows configuration of simple parameters. The system controller monitors and receives status information from every component in the system. Faults are time stamped, and presented in chronological order on the display. Buttons allow an operator to acknowledge and reset faults. The network connection to every component in the system is monitored, so a defect switch or broken cable will be detected just as reliably and fast as any other fault in the system.
The system controller also acts as the system’s alarm generator and audio message storage. The embedded alarm generator features a set of the most common alarm tones, but can also be programmed to support custom alarm tones and patterns. Stored voice and audio messages is easily uploaded to the system controller as standard wav files.
The system controller’s control inputs/outputs and audio inputs can be used locally by the system controller (e.g. for PTT and audio from a handheld microphone) or can be controlled by the system (e.g. audio input for background music).